As we brought to your attention earlier, Josh Garza of Paycoin challenged Andrew Vegetabile of Litecoin to a debate over recent controversy. Evidently, Andrew Vegetabile heard all the chatter in the crypto-community and decided that this was, in fact very important to them.
ANDREW VEGETABILE HAS ACCEPTED THE CHALLENGE!
Mr. Vegetabile formally replied to the challenge brought on by Josh on the Litcointalk forum. In his official
acceptance statement, Mr. Vegetabile (a.k.a. TheMage) posted about the large number of comments that people have
made. It is clear from the discussions that have opened up since the challenge that people are interested in what both Josh and Mr. Vegetabile have to say.
Interestingly, Mr. Vegetabile says that the majority of people have expressed that they feel both Josh and he should not debate. Perhaps they don’t want any more controversy to be brought on?? He adds that the comments came from both the Litecoin community and other specific cryptocurrency communities.
Not only do I appreciate Mr. Vegetabile agreeing to debate with Josh, I am very impressed with him for saying he
wants to keep things neutral and fair.
MR. VEGETABILE HAS GIVEN HIS REQUIREMENTS FOR A DEBATE:
1. He wants the debate to be online. This can be either Skype or Google hangouts.
2. He wants an unbiased moderator present from an opposing news organization. (He suggests Cointelegraph, Coindesk, or insidebitcoins.)
3. The moderator needs to have a list of questions to follow.
4. He will not be held liable for any statements made during the debate.
5. The list of questions should revolve around the theme of ethics in crypto currency as a whole.
6. The questions should be created by the moderating entity and they can be distributed to both of us no earlier
than 12 hours of the scheduled debate.
7. A weekend or night after 7pm eastern time.
8. The debate will be recorded and archived.
WHEN WILL THE DEBATE BE?
We will have to wait for Josh Garza’s response to Mr. Vegetabile’s debate requirements. If you haven’t heard all the details and are wondering why this debate was brought up, find out more about Coin-Swap’s acquisition and Andrew Vegetabile’s response in our last post, Get Ready for the Debate: Josh Garza of Paycoin Challenges Litecoin Director Andrew Vegetabile.
As for the debate on whether Josh Garza and Mr. Vegetabile should debate one another…
I think it is a great opportunity for Josh to find transparency within the Paycoin community and the general
public as a whole. There are unanswered questions and this leaves room for speculation. This debate is sure to
help the Paycoin movement and help GAW Miners to show their unrelenting passion for growing Paycoin and
Should Josh Garza and Andrew Vegetabile debate?
Leave your comments below